Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Wacky Wednesday




What a strange day today has been so far. It started out crazy and has just kept me hopping from there. I had EVOC practical driving today and the range, which just wears me out.


Tonight is church. Ed and I are just loving this class we are in. It is called, 2 cats, 4 dogs, 6 kids, a rabbit and a wife with a broken leg. It is about parents persevering through whatever may arise. It has been so good thus far. While we are in it the kids are in youth group. They go to youth 2 times a week and are having a ball and learning a lot. They are actually going on a mission trip this fall. I can't wait for them to go.


I believe that one of the greatest inventions as of late is text messaging (you are surprised right Andrea)? Anyone who knows me knows that I love to text. I like the convenience of it, the simplicity, and the fast way to get a message to someone. HOWEVER, I have found a draw back to it. It has cut out the way we are Americans communicate. I have noticed since one of my bestest (I know that is spelled wrong, but I like to say it that way) friends Annette has really gotten good at it that we do not talk as much on the phone as we used to, and I miss that! I am usually a busy person so it is convenient for me to text but you cannot tell a persons demeanor or attitude when you text and a few times that had gotten me in trouble. I had meant to say something and sent it but when I re-read it it sounded terrible! While it is convenient it is also very impersonal.


Take the time today and call someone you haven't talked to in a while.


P.S. American Idol is getting to be really good!!! More updates on that later!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

AI is on late b.c of the ball game tonight :(

Anonymous said...

You are definately right about texting replacing phone calls... but without it, you and I would not have the relationship we do. Cause with 1 dog 1 cat 4 kids a sweat shop and a husband with a job that travels... who has a chance to use the phone!!!

Christy said...

True Andrea, and I love our relationship with our phones!! Lauren, Andrea said he girls were disappointing tonight. We like the boys better!! Can't wait to see tonight.