Saturday, March 8, 2008

Snowy Saturday


Ed woke up this morning just thrilled. The snow was an "old fashioned" snow as he called it. I am ready for the snow to be over but this one was very pretty, we actually went out to sled. We took Claudia, who is Annette's foreign exchange student from Columbia. She had a ball, she rolled around in the snow more than anything. It was hard to sled on it unless you made a path. I even got up enough gumption to tackle Annette from behind when she wasn't looking. It was hilarious, we rolled down the hill while Ashley (Annette's daughter) took pictures.


Claudia told me once about how in Columbia it isn't safe at all. I guess there are a lot of drug dealers and gangs. She was so scared when she first arrived here because she was worried that something would happen to her parents while she was here. I just can;t imagine fearing for your life every single day.


That got me to thinking about how lucky we are as Americans with all we have. I once went on a mission trip to Mexico and I was appalled how those people have to live and under the horrendous conditions. The kicker was how thankful the people of Roserita Beach were. I was blessed and it is something I will never forget. It is so easy to get spoiled and take our lives for granted. We are a VERY VERY lucky people. To wake up everyday to clean water, a roof over our head, transportation, jobs, and freedom to worship!!


I can't even imagine how it must be to have to hide a bible in your own house. Today I am very thankful for what I have and where I was born. I am thankful for my many blessings that God has given to me with no expections put on me. What an amazing God.


Have a good Sunday!

No comments: