Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tuesday Tunes

Here we are for another edition of Tuesday Tunes. The song I chose for today is one that has become my lifesong. I first heard it at a team formation "Dying Moments" on Women's Walk 35 that I worked and it really spoke to me.

I know that we as "humans" have done many things that we aren't proud of and things that can control our lives. The hardest part is learning to forgive ourselves. Once we can do that it is easy sailing. But often times we lay our burdens at the cross and trust God to deal with them and then we turn around and pick them up and take them with us. We need to learn to lay them down and leave them at the cross for God to destroy.

The Devil preys on our weaknesses and he knows right where to get us. I hope this song speaks to you as it has to me. I am going to add a link to the video for it that I found on God Tube.

East To West - Casting Crowns

Here I am Lord and I’m drowning, in Your sea of forgetfulness
The chains of yesterday surround me, I yearn for peace and rest
I don’t want to end up where You found me
And it echoes in my mind
Keeps me awake tonight
I know you’ve cast my sin as far as the East is from the West
And I stand before You now as though I’ve never sinned
But today I feel like I’m just one mistake away
From You leaving me this way

Jesus can you show me just how far the east is from the west
‘Cause I can’t bear to see the man I’ve been
Rising up in me again
In the arms of Your mercy I find rest
‘Cause You know just how far the east is from the west
From one scarred hand to the other

I start the day, the war begins
Endless reminding of my sin
And time and time again
Your truth is drowned out by the storm I’m in
Today I feel like I’m just one mistake away
from You leaving me this way

Jesus You know just how far the east is from the west
I don't have to see the man I've been rising up in me again
In your arms of Your mercy I find rest
cause You know how far the east is from the west
from one scarred hand to the other

I know You’ve washed me white
Turn my darkness into life
I need Your peace to get me through
To get me through this night I can’t live by what I feel
About the truth Your word reveals
I’m not holding on to You
But You’re holding on to me
You’re holding on to me

Jesus You know just how far the east is from the west
I don't have to see the man I've been rising up in me again
In your arms of Your mercy I find rest
cause You know how far the east is from the west
from one scarred hand to the other

Psalm 103:8-14 (New International Version)

8 The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love.
9 He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever;
10 he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities.
11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him;
12 as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.


http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=68a4c2bc6bc5ba337b4e

No comments: