Friday, March 28, 2008

Goals

What are your goals??


A couple of years ago we had a Navy reserve unit at Crane for a couple of weeks. One of the guys was riding with Bob Smith, who at the time was 54 and had worked at Crane since he was 18 years old. The reservist looked at Bob and said "What are your goals?". Well Bobby just looked at him and said I am 54 years old, my goals now are to retire and die!



I have had many "goals" in my life some I have reached some I have not. A couple of the ones I haven't reached are:

1. To take a trip to Africa
2. To visit Rupp Arena



Now, these are such human goals, however I have some more vertical goals I want to reach. Like:

1. To lead many to Christ
2. To tell others the love of Jesus and sometimes use words.
3. To be the best parent, wife, friend, and child I can be.
4. To make sure no child goes to bed hungry, and knows the love of Jesus.


WOW! Those sound big and they are. Can it be done??? I am sure however, when we attempt to do things and do not succeed we cannot give up or beat ourselves up over it. We must push on friends, because let's face it, we all fail and daily. That is what makes God's Grace so great!


2 Corinthians 12:10 (New International Version)

10 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.




2 comments:

Christy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christy said...

How cool would that be? And what a better person to go with!! Can you even imagine? I went on one mission trip to mexico and I loved it! I say let's do it!! lol :-)