Monday, March 3, 2008

Mach Training


Well, let me tell you. This training we do is quarterly. Last quarter we did defensive tactics, and got OC Sprayed. So, I was not looking forward to this session. My week this time will consist of EVOC (Emergency Vehicle Operators Course), Defensive tactics, hands on combat, active shooter drills (actually being shot at with paint ball pellets), and range (both 9mm and M-4). Today was EVOC class and defensive tactics. I am not as young as I once was and definitely not as thin as I once was, so this tires me, especially when it is with strong men. But I hold my own!!



I dreaded the day but it turned out ok. Although the hard part is still to come. I will get through it and then just dread the next round of training. So, this weeks' posts might be a little dull!! But hang with me!
In about 2 weeks will be my Dad's 60th birthday!! It is hard for me to believe that he will be 60. My Dad is my hero. He has always put his family in front of his own needs and desires. He always worked very hard to provide for us and did a great job at it. My Mom and I were talking about what to do for this monumental occasion. We had a huge retirement party for him a few years back and I don't think he would want another party. He is one of those guys who you ask what they want and he says nothing or socks, which may explain why Cole always puts socks first of his Christmas lists! If you have any suggestions please let me know!!


I will leave you with my verse of the week. Have a GREAT week!!



Matthew 7:24-27 (New International Version)

24 "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."

No comments: