Monday, March 24, 2008

Snap Away!!






Well remember yesterday when I wrote an excerpt from Patsy Clairmont's book??? I'll refresh your memory..." I don't remember ordering an extra large wad of rubber-band emotions at the take-out window of life, but, honey, I've got 'em!"



Boy, did I ever have an extra large wad of rubber-band emotions this morning!!! I shouldn't have said I was doing better in this area, because this morning at 4 a.m. (when I get ready to leave for work) my rubber-band emotions wound tight and yep you guessed it, they snapped. Now, don't get me wrong, I feel justified in my "snapping" and I think Ed would agree BUT, and that's a big but (not butt!!!! well.....) I could have been more tactful and not so emotional, it could have been handled more graceful and not so how did Lauren put it "Bull in a China shop" (man that is me sometimes). Maybe it was a combination of tiredness, Monday morning blahs, and just the daily chores piling up.


I talked to Ed on the way to work and was still a little "snappy" so he was smart and got off the phone and texted me (what a smart man). I texted him back about an hour later and told him I loved him and he said I love you 2 and I asked even when I snap.. he said of course... I am so lucky!



Anyway, this got me to thinking about anger. Is it ever appropriate to be angry??? For sure it is. It is just that anger needs boundaries....which doesn't include Bulls running through China shops. I have learned that anger can sometimes be an attack of the truth when kindness is more likely to be heard by others, instead of being tuned out with mutterings of "Here she goes again". Truth is essential HOWEVER, it is the way we approach it that makes all the difference. I was told yesterday that a girl my sister knows said her husband thinks I pulled him over once, I don't remember but my brother-in-law said "Was she blonde" and he said "I'm not sure" and my brother-in-law said "Did she have a big mouth"? Talk about a slap in the face!!! I thought about that and thought is that how he really sees me??? What an awful image to have.



This morning I wished I had a filter on my big mouth (and lots of other times) that would have taken what I said and made it a little more kind... oh well maybe it is just me but I often times find myself failing however, that is the amazing thing about God, he loves us just as we are, for who we are on the inside. We can't get hung up on our failures because we would all be under a rock if we did! And folks, that is what matters Gods Grace is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow!!

I had this song on my imeem.com playlist, and I went there to jam when I hit shuffle and it came on.. how appropriate for today. I wanted to share it with you all. I'll post a link so you can hear it. It is titled "Visible" by 4Him.


http://profile.imeem.com/z7vEkgE/playlist/eiGV-8zJ/1_music_playlist/


4Him Visible Lyrics

Sometimes I feel so inadequate
I start to question am I ready for these things you ask
My words are not so eloquent
But if I speak the truth in love
Even simple words are equal to the task


Oh Lord let your spirit rise within me
Until the world cannot deny that you
This is my only passion the very reason why I live


To make you known
To make you seen
To be your hands
To be your feet
Oh I want to be a revelation of love
Oh I, I want to make the invisible god – visible


May my life be an offering so completely given
Till there’s nothing left but you alone
This is my prayer, my destiny
That my life reveals your glory
So that you remain long after I am gone


Oh Lord you have made me for this purpose
And all I have is just one life to give my all


To make you known
To make you seen
To be your hands
To be your feet
Oh I want to be a revelation of love
Oh I, I want to make the invisible god – visible


Make it clear to see who you are revealed in me (a sacrifice)
The beauty of the life you gave unending love amazing grace
My one desire, my one desire


To make you known To make you seen
To be your hands
To be your feet
Oh I want to be a revelation of love
Oh I, I want to make the invisible god – visible

2 comments:

beckiwoodsmall said...

If it makes you feel any better, I, too, struggle with this and I pray daily that God would put His arm around my shoulders and His hand over my mouth!!
Momma

Christy said...

I must get it honest.... ;-)