Sunday, March 30, 2008

Boldness

Today in church we had a toe-stepping sermon. IT WAS AWESOME!! Pastor Dan was really convicting everyone. I wish you could have seen Cole and Aimee, they were mesmerized by him, they were following his every action. Praise God!! Although sometimes it can be hard to hear, we need to hear it. We need to be told that there will be a second coming of Christ! It can be so easy to not totally buy into it. Like Dan said this morning, if everyone believed it why do we have empty pews in church?? Why are we not concerned with our friends salvation?? Why are we glued to our pews??


MAN!! That hit me, I have been praying for more boldness for myself along with others to go out and profess the love and good news of Christ. That can be, at times, a hard thing to do. We all in one way or another want to "fit in" or don't want to be labeled a "Jesus Freak" or "Bible Thumper". Why not??? I heard it said somewhere once. "It is amazing what can be accomplished when we don't care who gets the credit". Most people want to be patted on the back for things done. I admit, there are times when I like it too. BUT, we need to have more of a servant's heart and do things joyfully and with a smiling face! It is amazing what you can teach someone just by your actions and how you handle situations.


I am not "preaching" to any of you who read this. It is meant for me more than anyone! I just hope we can all find that boldness to profess our love for Christ and let his love shine through us.

Have a blessed week!!


No comments: