Saturday, October 18, 2008

WOW!

So, our washer died this week. I didn't realize how much laundry we did in the course of a week! Annette was kind enough to let me use her washer one day this week and that help ABUNDANTLY!




Last night we went to Washington to get a new washer. After we picked it up we ran into Wal-Mart then to KFC for a bite to eat. Ed went to order and said he wanted a number 2 with a Coke. The guy behind the counter said we are out of Cole Slaw, Ed said you are out of Coke? He said no, Slaw. Ed said Coke, and I said Cole Slaw, Ed! The guy has a speech impediment so then I guess he thought Ed was hard of hearing because he started talking louder. I wanted to crack up laughing. I then went to get our drinks and yep, you know it me the clumsy one got the ice somehow jammed in the ice dispenser. I did the normal thing and looked around to see who was watching. When I saw that no one was watching, I tried to "unjam" it to no avail. I finally just went and sat down. Ed came with our food and I continued to tell him the story of my ice adventure. We laughed the whole way through dinner at the people who couldn't get ice for their drinks. Finally as we were getting ready to leave it must have thawed enough to work. As we were walking out the lady at the drink island was giving her husband the "what for" with yep you guessed it, a speech impediment. I just wanted to get out of there before I lost it.




Now, don't get me wrong. I do not think less of people with speech problems, all of my kids were in speech therapy in elementary school. I just have a sick sense of humor. I mean in the course of 30 minutes all of this happened. I thought God are you testing me to see how strong I am to just keep quiet????




3 comments:

Misty McKibben-Sanders said...

That stinks about the washer......glad you got a new one though and glad Annette was kind enough to help you out! What a friends for?!! Check out my blog (we're on a mini vacation with NO kids! First time in 2 years)....also new litter of Siamese kittens. I have pic's posted. I think you guys need one. Don't you????? Great pic's of the kids at the Forest@

Carol said...

I think we'd be dangerous together in public. :-)

Christy said...

Misty, how did you get away with NO kids???


Carol, I'd sure like to try it.. hehehe