Wednesday, October 22, 2008

30 Day Encouragement Challange

While at work today I was listening to my usual 88.7 but instead of listening to Alistair Begg I turned it to 88.1 and listened to Nancy Leigh DeMoss on Revive Our Hearts.



The first thing she said was "Are you up for a challenge"? This interested me so I paid a little more attention. She does several different challenges but today's was the 30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge. I thought uh oh!! However, I continued to listen (a little apprehensively).



The idea of this challenge is to speak positively to and about your husband each day. Ok, well I thought uh huh. The more I listened the more I realized that often times we come into opposition against those the most close to us. This program inspired me to try it. So, I am going to sign up for it. I think I can do it.... =)



I am sure the ole' scum dog will be kicking and screaming all along the way, but I am stubborn and I will get through it. Now, I also thought you know I would like a little encouragement myself, but as she went on to say once you get into this you will see God start to change your husband as well.



She has several other challenges as well. https://roh.gospelcom.net/challenge/

-True Woman Makeover 30 day challenge. Discover and experience God's design and calling for your life! Join Nancy on a journey through Proverbs 31, 1 Timothy 2:9-10, and Titus 2:1-5.


-Tv Free Challenge. A challenge to turn off the TV and embark on an exciting adventure


-31 days of praying for your pastor. A helpful guide to effectively praying for your pastor



Who's up for a challenge??? Join me in this and we can track our progress along the way!!!



On a side note... tomorrow at 3:00 is my dentist appointment for the tooth extraction. My stomach turns just thinking of it. If you think about it please take a minute to pray for myself and the dentist. This terrifies me!! Thanks!!


10 comments:

beckiwoodsmall said...

I will definitely be praying! Is anyone going with you? I could always take you, if you need me to.
I know how you hate going!!

beckiwoodsmall said...

Are you going to Courtney or someone else? Dad says to tell you that he hopes everything comes out okay, typical dad!!

Leslie said...

Hey, I signed up for the 30-day True Woman Make-over. Good luck with your 30-day Husband Encouragement Challenge!

Christy said...

Mom, I am doing it solo!! Well, GOd will be there or he better be =). Tell Dad to hush it, the worst part for me is the shots just like him. I think if I think positively it will help.... lol ahhhh!!

Good for you Leslie!!

Christy said...

Oh, I am going in Loogootee not to Courtney

Andrea said...

No one hates the dentist more than me, so I feel your pain... literally (I have a throbbing tooth as I am typing this!) Tell them to keep talking to you so you don't know when the shot is coming! Helps me a little... Love ya sweets!

Christy said...

Wow! Did you read the verse of the day???

Verse of the day
"Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."


Joshua 1:9 (NASB

Misty McKibben-Melvin said...

Thanks for sharing! I signed up for the 30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge :-)

Christy said...

YEA MISTY!!!

Blu-I'd-Blonde said...

I take my CD player and plug it into my ears. They don't mind, and it keeps them from talking to me and I don't have to try and answer with the dentist's hand in my mouth. Hope it went well.
I like your music.