Sunday, October 19, 2008

AWESOME!!

We have had an awesome weekend!!



We went to Bobe's (our favorite "Emmaus" restaurant) with Dianna and Dennis Overall. WHAT A HOOT!!! Then on to Fireproof. What can I say about this movie. WOW! It was great. I have never seen so many grown men crying in one place. Now, mind you Ed just had salt in his eyes from the popcorn.... =)



I HIGHLY suggest everyone goes to see this movie not only married couples but everyone. If you are married be sure to see it with your spouse. What a great thing to see good quality, christian movies in the theatres! It was true to life and made you think. I cannot wait until 2009 when the Love Dare book comes out. What a ministry it can have as well.



Today was our Cardboard Testimonies. As Lauren would say God showed up. We did it at both services. After the 8:15 service, the youth decided they wanted to participate, which made it even more special! Mine said on front: Anger & Hatefulness, on the back: The Joy of the Lord. Ed's said: Full of Sin, Full of Grace. Chang's was Left family, never left God, and Aimee's was made wrong turns, turned to Christ! ! I was surprised when I saw theirs and blessed! Cole was at his dad's darn it!!






3 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow! Very cool signboards!

I SO want to go see Fireproof. But I don't really want to go by myself. Worse, I don't want to go with a date, as it would be a first date...and how scary would that be for him! I think it would be a good thing to reward the theater for showing this kind of movie, by patronizing their establishment. But more than likely, I'll just wait for it to come out on video. :(

Oh, and happy birthday to Ed! I can't imagine you without Ed either. :)

Misty McKibben-Melvin said...

I've heard that movie is awesome!!! Maybe we will have to check it out. Happy Birthday to Ed! Have a great week!

Lauren said...

Happy Birthday to Ed!

The Love DAre bok is OUT NOW, PS!!