Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tooth Update

Well, I survived the dentist. She was very good and gentle. The verse of the day on my blog was: Joshua 1:9 "Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."




Andrea texted that to me right as I was going in the office. I repeated that over and over and over. It calmed me right down. I also prayed for Angie as she was working on me. Now, mind you I am still numb so it may be a different story when that wears off as far as pain. There was a bone fused to the tooth so I had to have stitches but I tell you it was the easiest I have ever had. I just pray that it isn't terrible once the numbness wears off. I am SO thankful for all the friends and family that was praying for me. It makes you realize how much you are loved! Keep it up guys, I may need it for the next day or two! You all are SO great!




Now for the 30 day rules:


* You can't say anything negative about your husband . . . to your husband, or to anyone else.


* Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband . . . to your husband . . . and to someone else.



You get a daily e-mail that tells you what to do each day. It really reminds me a little of the movie "Fireproof". Here was today's email.












"Through love serve one another." (Galatians 5:13b)


How did you do yesterday with your first day of blessing and encouraging your husband? We hope you're off to a good start. (If you blew it, don't give up--start again today!) There are many practical things you can praise him for, if you look for them.



Today, find some way that your husband is serving you or your family. Does he help around the house? Take care of the car? Fix things that are broken? If your budget allows, give him a new, small tool with a big bow attached. But make sure he doesn't think it's part of a "Honey Do" list!




Maybe your husband is not a handyman, but does he run errands for you? Take care of you when you are sick? Help you make decisions? Praise him for his willingness to serve others. Let him know that you see his unique service as a great strength.



I honestly do not think Ed has really noticed yet. He has acknowledged what I have said and seemed appreciative of it though! He really is a great guy!


No comments: