Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The dreaded dentist!!


Anyone that knows me knows that I am terrified of the dentist!! However, I knew when I started getting a tooth ache last weekend I had to go. So, I made the appointment when I knew I couldn't stand it anymore and when Ambesol wouldn't work and I about overdosed on Tylenol!




So, I took off work yesterday and went to the dentist. I went to Loogootee and was terrified. I am usually a pretty strong person but I would rather go to the gyno!!! Sorry for all the men out there =)



Sure enough, I have the start of an abscess. So, she gave me Penicillin and Hydrocodone. I usually get deathly ill with any type of pain medicine other than Tylenol however, it hurt so bad last night I took one. It didn't even touch the pain. Great!!



So, the solution is either a root canal (2000.00) or extraction (70.00). Now, which do you think I am gonna do??? It's all about the almighty dollar! So, I will probably opt for the extraction. I know they do not like to do that, and she said with you not having the one right above it, it will limit your chewing (like I can chew there now). It is the 2nd to last tooth on bottom! Especially since the root canal isn't guaranteed, I think that extraction is my best choice.



Now, as Lacy and Ashley can attest she is a TINY TINY gal and I was thinking how in the world is this little bitty gal going to yank my tooth out???? I guess when the infection is gone I will find out. I just hope they give gas or knock me out cause I am SO SCARED of this.



So, does anyone wanna go hold my hand???

6 comments:

Bobbi Sue said...

You are in good hands, "Tiny" but good. Tell Kara that her Aunt Bobbi Sue volunteered her to hold your hand. God Bless!

Christy said...

Hey Bobbie Sue!!! I will do that! Good to hear from you!

beckiwoodsmall said...

Like mother like daughter, I have the same teeth missing and it does make it hard to chew. I just use the other side, lol!! I know most people would choose root canal but if your insurance isn't good you only have one choice! You will be fine and if it is next week I could come with you!

Christy said...

You know how I DREAD the dentist.... I sit in that chair and want to kick and scream!! lol

Unknown said...

Well, I went with you last time and could hear you throwing up all the way in the waiting room. THEN, I practically had to carry you out to the car. Sounds like a great time! But I would hold your hand if you wanted me to.

Christy said...

Aww thanks!! What are family for???? lol