Friday, May 2, 2008

Well it happened.....


Cole wiped out on the hurdles last night. He was running along quite nicely when his footing got messed up and he attempted to jump the last hurdle with this left leg first... Let me say this did not work. It happened right in front of Ed & I. He got tripped up on the hurdle, landed on the track with his knee, elbow, shoulder, and face! The main thing is that he got up and hobbled to the finish. At this point a little high school "hottie" was rubbing on his back!! Kevin Harder said "Man, I'm going to fall down if that happens!".




I tried real hard not to be "that mom", but when I saw him tearing up I went out to the track. He had scraped himself up pretty good but I think his pride was hurt more than anything. We proceeded over to where our team stuff was to bandage him up. The girls track coach was getting bandages, pre-wrap, ointment, etc.. out to doctor him up. But she couldn't find a towel to use to clean it out. She proceeded to find a pad ( a maxi pad mind you)!! When Cole's coach saw this he yelled "Don't you touch him with that Kerr!!" and ran down the hill from the track. About 3-4 minuted later he returned with some kind of kit the bus had. Now, here is the difference between men and women. Coach Kerr had everything ready to get him taken care of and Coach Gee walks up opens a bandage up and slaps it on. I just stood and watched (Cole didn't want me anyway he wanted Dad... So I had to call Ed over) talk about hurting your pride!!




When it was all over Gee looked at Cole and said "Be glad you didn't have a bloody nose, she would have tried to stick a tampon up it!!" We just about lost it... It was so funny. He then went on to rant about how you can't do that to a 7th grade boy...




All in all it turned out well, he continued to race but he kept saying if that girl is at the finish line I am falling again and again... Boys!!




He is supposed to run them again tonight at the Blue Chip Conference meet, that is weather permitting. It was a good reminder that no matter what might trip us up in life we have to get up and finish the race.




Have a great weekend!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing I wasn't there! I would have been a mess. You know how mama's are!! I'll bet he is sore today, isn't he??

beckiwoodsmall said...

Good thing I wasn't there! I would have been a mess. You know how mama's are!! I'll bet he is sore today, isn't he??

Christy said...

Actually he seems pretty good!

Unknown said...

I love it!! A pad! ROTFL!!