Friday, May 16, 2008

Jesus Fish

Ok, I am going to get on my soapbox! Don't you think that if you are going to put a Jesus Fish on your car or a license plate on the front that has a picture of Jesus that says "Still saving lives" you should at least attempt to be nice???



Don't get me wrong, I know everyone has bad days every now and then, BUT, come on!! As most of you know I work at the Police Department at Crane. My job today was to work the Burns City Gate. I like interacting with people so I usually great then with a "Good Morning, and a have a good day" as they depart after I check their badge.



I saw this car pull up that has the above mentioned license plate on it. I did my usual song and dance and they don't even attempt to look at me or acknowledge that I have spoken to them. Now mind you this has happened with these particular people before and I have let it go thinking that were having a rough day, but it happens every time I see them. I mean do they actually think I enjoy getting up at 3:30 to drag my butt to work to smile at people and say have a nice day???? No, I don't! I know you may find this hard to believe but hang with me here... I have to really work at being nice. There I said it, it's out. Whew!! I feel better just saying it. I try to smile at people because for many of them I am the first person they will see in the morning and I can make or break their day.




About a year ago another car always did the same thing to me until one day I said "Have a nice day" and they rolled their eyes!! Rolled their eyes... AT ME! That is my speciality! Well, at that I said "or not, I don't care" Well she stopped and said I am sorry to treat you that way, it's just I had a bad experience with a police officer once. Well, that's all you had to say!! We are very friendly now. Even though once again, (as happens many times) my mouth overloaded my brain but it actually turned out good.



Ok, I am jumping down from my soapbox now!! Have a good weekend and thanks for letting me rant....whew, I feel better!!






1 comment:

Lauren said...

I know what you mean. I bet SCL has something about the Jesus fish!