Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thirsty Thursday

I know what you are thinking..... But I heard a girl today at work say it was "Thirsty Thursday" and she was really excited about it. HOWEVER, I dare say my definition and hers of this day are a little different. Of course she was talking about going to a bar after work to drink. I can't imagine looking forward all week to do that, not to sound self-righteous or anything.


I am giving this term a new meaning that I hope we can remember each week. I am making my own "Thirsty Thursday", but instead of looking for fulfillment with alcohol. I want to look for it in Jesus Christ!! I want my cup filled to overflowing endlessly with his love, mercy, grace, compassion, and understanding.


I asked God to give me a verse today and this is what he gave me.

Matthew 5:6
Blessed are those who hunger for righteousness, for they will be filled.


I found it to be a God thing that I woke up singing "Blessed Be Your Name" as well. Did you know that "Blessed" means more than happiness?? It implies the fortunate or enviable state of those who are in God's kingdom. To Jesus "blessed" means the experience of hope and joy, independent of outward circumstances. To find hope and joy, the deepest form of happiness, follow Jesus no matter what the cost.


So, here's to you!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

good post. Really, REALLY liked it!