Sunday, April 6, 2008

Confirmation

God is good!!


We had yet another awesome church service this morning. We have revival this week with "Standing Tall Ministries" so the speaker gave the sermon. I have told a few people in the last few weeks that I have really been feeling the Holy Spirit moving. Not just within me but through others as well. It is amazing...the VERY first sentence the speaker said this morning was my confirmation! I heard God say to me this is for you. The speaker (I cannot remember his name :-/) said "I am getting off my message a little but God is telling me I need to say this, people, there is something big getting ready to happen, God is preparing us through his Holy Spirit" You could have knocked me down with a feather! He went on to ask Pastor Jeanne if our worship service was always like this and she said pretty much. We have AWESOME worship time led by Joey Weitkamp.


He went on to say we needed 3 things...

Desperation

Hunger

and Determination

Once we are desperate for something it gives us the hunger and then determination to get filled up with God. He was more elaborate than that but you get the picture.

He will be there until Wednesday of this week. Dinner at 5:00, music and worship at 6:00 and sermon at 7:00. Come out if you can to Loogootee United Methodist Church!!

Hope to see you there!!

Oh Yea.... Last night Tyler Zeller was at Camp Illiana, if that wasn't cool enough we were taking communion and Aimee hit be (and I mean HIT me) and said "Who's that?? Who's that??" I looked up and it was Luke Zeller with his Notre Dame sweats on. I thought I was going to have to pick her up off the ground. She later said I knew who that was but it was like she wanted me to tell her for sure.. I told Luke that NC could have used Tyler last night...he said yea I heard. Us being the sports fanatics what we are we thought that was pretty cool. I mean it was a Saturday night and they could have been anywhere doing anything but they were worshipping God.. How awesome!




No comments: