Friday, April 25, 2008

Muddin'


A few weeks ago we took the kids for a country ride. We used to do this a lot when they were younger, before they made our lives very hectic! Anyway, on this one, they wanted to ride in the back of Ed's truck for a while. (I know I know, not safe but hey...whatever) They got in the back and Ed drove about 20 m.p.h I think :-/ They had a ball, we could hear them talking and laughing. Ed decided he wanted to find a mud hole to get them wet with. Men, and their trucks.. what a strange relationship! Well, needless to say we couldn't find on. So, what did he do...he gets a cup from the back seat, got out dipped it in a pothole and poured it on them. It was SO funny. Now, they didn't think it was too funny.



I love making memories like that. We have great kids, with great personalities in which we can have fun with. I like being "friends' with my kids, but there are times when you just cannot. I think that is where we as a society have failed our kids. We don't want to hurt their feelings, want them to be "happy", want them to get everything they want. We teach them not to take any crap off of anyone. Why do we do these things?? Kids learn SO much from us and what we set as examples for them. I can honestly say that I have failed my kids in many ways, but you know what...it's ok. We have to keep striving to teach them the best we can to face this world one day on their own. How scary!



I am very lucky to have parents who liked to have a good time as well, but taught us life lessons that we can carry on with.
One of my great friends has gave in to the blogging world. Check out her blog sometime!! www.andrea-l-jones.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good word!!!!

such TRUTH!