Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Talk about a slap in the face

As I was driving around at work I turned on Walk in the Word with James McDonald. I thought hey I can listen to this because the first thing he said was the average man spends 4 minutes a day in meaningful conversation with his wife. I thought hey this may be good I can get some tips for Ed.


Well.....


He then went on to say that women often think they can "fix" their husbands with words.


Uh Oh.....


We think we can influence our husbands by "saying" stuff. Oh boy do I usually have words & LOTS of them.


Proverbs 21:9 (New Living Translation)  9 It’s better to live alone in the corner of an attic than with a quarrelsome wife in a lovely home.



Proverbs 21:19 (New Living Translation)  19 It’s better to live alone in the desert than with a quarrelsome, complaining wife.



Well darn it! Does that remind you of yourself? If so we better take a step back & see what God says to us as wives.

1 comment:

Inge' said...

I had to chuckle when I read this. I was listening to James MacDonald this morning and he was teaching on the same topic! He said we women not only "remind" our husbands of things we also give little seminars to reinforce the issue. Talk about a wake up call!

Thanks for sharing this with us!