Tuesday, April 28, 2009

God isn't finished with me yet...

We had our Ya Ya's grouping last night. These gals always make life a little easier! We are a group of broken, forgiven, some timid, some outspoken (guess which ones these are), women who love the Lord & are striving to live our lives BOLD for Him.


We are doing a Leslie Parrott study called "You matter more than you think". It is challanging at best but it gets us in the Word so that is a good thing! We never get out of there without both tears & laughter. It is such a relief to have a group of 8 women who can be totally open & non judgenmental.


I know for me it's a blessing to have cause for a long time I was a angry person. I had dealt with (or so I thought) some issues that I tried to keep to myself thinking I could handle it, & honestly up to 2 weeks ago only Ed & Tami knew this certain area in my life. One of the Ya Ya's said to me this morning "u n god certainly seem victorious now:) u r the kind of person people flock 2 because u make them feel accepted and comfortable. not alot of folks out there like that." I said well Susan, trust me I wasn't always like that, I used to be the person people ran from! I was a hateful, mean person & to be quite honest with you, those still creep up from time to time. I am not proud to say that I let them control me. However, not as often as I used to. I can tell when they are going to resurface & can usually put a stop to it but sometimes they still slip through and I usually end up hurting people that I care about. The sad thing about that is that when words are spoken & actions done, you can't take them back so even though you apologize people still remember what you said or did.


That is not the person I want to be & I know that when I do that I fail God. I do not want to be anything but a child of God. The great thing is that no matter who on this earth cannot forgive us, God always does!


He's not finished with me & I am OH SO THANKFUL for that.

6 comments:

Susan said...

I'm a bit teary. And you are doing a wonderful job! None of us are perfect and the past is always there to creep in on us..all we can do is look forward to God and pray he keeps getting us past it.

Carol said...

There's a song by the same name, He's Not Finished With Me Yet. Tuesday Tunes?

Love ya girl!

Keyly Watts said...

Great post Christy! I'm so thankful to know "new Christy". Thanks for putting yourself out there for your bloggsters.

Unknown said...

Stole this Bible Verse right from your own verse of the day on your blog...
"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

Psalm 139:23-24 (NIV)

We all have weeds we need to take care of and claim our authority over... but it sure is a process. I'd say you are doing pretty good- would have NEVER pegged you as an angry person! Not my ever-smiling Christy!

Leslie said...

I'm with the others! I love knowing the Jesus-lovin' Christy and I can't imagine you any other way. Thanks for the great post!

Andrea said...

As a wise person said to me yesterday... I love you, past, present and future! wink :)