Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

We had a wonderful Easter! We woke up around 5:00 a.m to make it to Sunrise Service. The youth put on the sunrise and it was awesome. I doubt there was a dry eye in the church. They served us communion. We happened to get to go to the station that Aimee was at so that was special. We then had breakfast and then a combined service at 9:00. I was so blessed to see not only the Jones' and Tedrows' again this week but Teresa and Brian as well. John (Aimee's boyfriend) also came with us. It was a very nice service.

From there we went to my aunt and uncle's house for Easter dinner. I was so happy because all of my brothers and sisters were there. It got quite loud at times but it was really really nice!

I always get my kids Easter baskets, but also this year I got one for John and Joey. They seemed to really like them. Not only do I put candy in the baskets, I also put Christian items as well. John got a camo Bible and a pocket knife with a cross etched in it. We had just gotten Joey a Bible last week so he got little things like bookmarks with scripture etc... Cole got a new cross necklace, book, & bookmarks. Aimee got a new slimline Bible, a book & a ring. Chang got a book, cross necklace, bokmarks, & magnets. They also got filled to the brim with candy. Ed decided to get them chocolate crosses instead of bunnies. They enjoyed them!

Well better get back to work!! have a great week!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

by the way, We were going to go to Lincoln Park. But it got canceled:(
We go next Monday instead.

Leslie said...

chocolate crosses instead of bunnies. I LOVE that!

Lauren said...

so awesome that you included John and Joey!