Saturday, April 4, 2009

Joey

Joey is a kid that Ed coached in JV boys a few years back. Since then we have had a special bond with him. He hangs out here, goes places with us. He is family. I truly love this kid like he is my own. He just turned 20 on the 30th of March.


He came over tonight to watch basketball with us. I watched the first game with them then I retired to my room to lay down to watch my man, Tyler Zeller.


As I was laying here, I heard Joey strike up the conversation of God & church. Joey is not in church & quite frankly he has had a rough, rough life. His step grandma has raised him. When he was in junior high he got into some trouble but I can tell you he has really grown up.


I laid here listening to Ed basically preaching the Bible to him. Joey asked a TON of questions. Ed came & got his Bible & they looked things up. It made my heart glad. We have invited Joey to church but he seems scared. I am still praying he comes one day.

For now though I will take he & Ed fellowshiping with each other reading the Bible & discussing.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Definitely keep at it. Church can be a scary place for people who don't go. They feel like the rest of us know exactly why we're there and that makes them feel left out. But he's much more likely to go with people he loves and trusts (your family!) than he would be to go alone. So, stick with him. Good things will come!

Lauren said...

get it, ED!!

Praise the Lord for you two!