Friday, January 2, 2009

Communication

Well, I mulled & mulled over what to blog about. I couldn't think of anything brilliant or fascinating so I thought I would write about something I struggle with.


Communication


Mind you, I have no trouble communicating. I do that fine. It's just the method in which I communicate that I can struggle with.


Often times the way we communicate our thoughts & feelings can be misinterpretated. As well as we can misinterpret what others are trying to convey to us. Often times Ed will say something to me not meaning anything by what he has said but the woman in me will over think it & usually turn it into an insult, when it was not meant that way.


That ole verse in James hit me between the eyes as James often does.


My dear brothers, take note of this:Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.


Yep, that sums it up. What that tells me is this. Shut up & listen, not taking everything so personal.


I think I'll try to work on that one!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Amen, sista!

I have a James favorite myself... James 1:2-3
Consider it all joy, my brothers, when you encounter various trials. For it is the testing of your faith that produces perseverance. (AKA - It's ALL good.)