Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mixed Emotions







As I was getting ready to leave for the game tonight Cole came in and said Mom you need to come out here cause Dad wont answer his phone. I said well he is on his way home from work and doesn't have service. I went out to see what they had done and there lay Soupy, Ed's old coon dog. She has had reoccurring cancer, we have had tumors removed but they just kept coming back worse and worse. In the courses of 2 days she declined drastically. I got in the pin with her and she was convulsing and couldn't stand up. I got down with her and held her and just talked to her and petted her. She was in really bad shape. The kids, like me are huge dog lovers. They were pretty upset. I finally got a old of Ed and he said he was just about home. He arrived not 5 minutes later and that is when I lost it. I can be strong with the kids but not with Ed. He picked her up and carried her to the barn, where she lived most of the time. We knew she was in a lot of pain and it wouldn't be long. I said my goodbyes and left the barn. Cole probably took it the worst. He has such a tender heart. I didn't spend the time with Soupy like Ed and Cole did but she was a great dog. Writing this even makes me tear up. Let's just say Chopper & I had some quality time together this morning.

We did get to go the game however, we didn't get to go out to eat with the Jones'. We got to the game early and got seats until I looked down and notices Andrea and I both had on red sweaters...Princeton colors and we were in their section. I opted to move and everyone followed. The atmosphere was great. It was a packed house. Hoosier Hysteria at its best.



The game was awesome. This Princeton team is phenomenal. Washington is good, but they couldn't hit anything and Princeton did a good job shutting Zeller down, although he had a double double. It was a fun game to watch. Princeton has this one guy Rontrey Chavis....WOW! Only a sophomore and he is so good. This team will be fun to watch for a couple years along with Washington since Cody Zeller is only a sophomore as well. There was also an awesome 80Ft, one handed shot from Dontray Chavis (Ron's twin brother). Never seen that happen!
Also in attendance was Tom Crean. I am no IU fan, but that was pretty cool and the man is pretty good looking in person, I must say, and it made ESPN's #2 play of the week today. Here is the video...



5 comments:

Misty McKibben-Melvin said...

Well, I am certainly glad Princeton won :-) I told you yesterday Madisyn put on her red/white at her grandfather's request...didn't that tip you off that Princeton colors were red/white??!! :-))) You are so funny! I am SOOO sorry to hear about your dog! I know that is hard! I have Siamese kittens and a Golden Retriever if you need a replacement!!!

Christy said...

NO replacements!! We still have 1 cat and 6 dogs!!

I didnt even realize that about the colors!!

Leslie said...

I'm so sorry about to hear about your dog.

beckiwoodsmall said...

Christy, I am crying as I write this. You know that's the reason we don't have pets anymore. It's so hard to say goodbye. They become family!!

Susan Warren said...

I am sorry about your dog.