Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Bird

I got home from work yesterday to find the back door locked, which is odd. So, I had to go around with my arms full of groceries to the front door. I throw it open and for once hate my dreaded take your shoes off at the door rule as I see this....




(Doesn't it look mean?!?!)

Now, a little history on this. This weekend Chang said he saw a bird downstairs. Ed & I thought he had been smoking a little wacky weed because how in the world would a bird get it the house?!?!?!



Ed went downstairs and didn't see anything so we left it at that.



Well, I found it! Chopper was just sitting there looking at it like he was fascinated. While Luci was chasing it around the house! I got the groceries put down and wielded the broom (only after calling Ed and getting my camera...lol)


Then my cellphone rang....and I answered it.... why in the world would I answer it now?!?! Cause it was Tams that's why. Here was the conversation:


Me: HELLO!

Tams: Hey whatcha doing?

Me: Uhhhh... there is a bird in AHHH my house!

Tams: (laughing hysterically)

....not too funny on this end.....

Me: Ahhhh (screaming like a girl.... I was so embarrassed)

Tams: Were you listening to 88.7

Me: well... not exactly

Tams: well the Old Rugged Cross was on (Ed's favorite song, which I am not fond of)

Me: Oh

Tams: OK (still laughing hysterically) open your doors.

Me: uhhh AHHHH ok
Tams: STILL laughing.... I'll let you go
Me: OK!



Back to the living room after getting the broom again. I thought how in the world am I gonna get this thing out of here. As I thought I snapped some more pictures. lol










I put Chopper in my room and opened the doors up. I went for it.... I started for the bird with the broom and the stupid thing flogged me!! Not once but half a dozen times. Well, that was it. It was all out war now! I went full force after it and got it to fly out the door.
Today when I got home I cautiously opened the door!!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

It "flogged" you! ROFL!!! I love it!!! What I wouldn't give to have been there. :)

Christy said...

YES the blasted thing FLOGGED me.. several times. I screamed like a little girl. Thank God for hairspray

Leslie said...

That's hilarious!

Tami said...

After laughing hysterically, I must say he is a beautiful creature! He really liked that picture and i bet he thought that was his paradise!!! My pants are wet and I am glad you shooed him away after the flogging of course.