Monday, January 5, 2009

Disciple Bible Study





Ed & I were sent a letter from our Pastor about a month ago asking us to participate in the Discipleship Bible Study. We decided that it sounded good so we signed up. We had our first class yesterday. We did not know the huge commitment that it is. Not that it would have changed our minds but....




The classes are 34 weeks long. 34 WEEKS! It is held on Sundays from 2-4:30 for 34 weeks. Plus there is daily homework, at least 30 min to an hour. She said it was an intense Bible study and that she would be checking to make sure we wrote something down on the questions in the book. There are 15 people in the class.




I am sure it will be rewarding but after looking at the book last night, I feel my brain already hurting! At least I have Ed to work through it with, although he is pretty knowledgeable when it comes to the Bible and this study really digs deep into it. I feel that being in a Bible Study is important.




The Ya Ya's have 2 more lessons to finish on the Max Lucado 3:16 study. I think we may do a Beth Moore study next.....


4 comments:

beckiwoodsmall said...

How do you like the 3:16 study? Our small group is thinking about doing it. We need a change!

Christy said...

I really liked it... you can use the DVD that I have if you want

Unknown said...

Woah! That definitely sounds INTENSE... but the rewards are going to be great... He's faithful like that!

beckiwoodsmall said...

Do you think your dad and I would like it? Oh, I'd love to be a part of the Beth study, lucky ducks!!