Wednesday, January 14, 2009




Last night I saw the best UK game I have seen all year.



Jodie Meeks went 15-22 Field Goals, 10-15 3 Pointers, and 14-14 Free Throws for a total of 54 points, yep that's right 54 points! He also had 8 rebounds, 4 assists and 1 steal. The 54 points was also the biggest individual SEC performance since Chris Jackson's 55 for LSU against Mississippi in 1989.



Not only did he break the school record for most 3's in a game he also broke Dan Issel's most points in a game record set on 1970. I'd say that's a pretty darn good night.



When asked how he seemed to break Tennessee's defense he simply said "I give credit to my teammates for finding me when I was open". When he had every right to be cocky, he couldn't do it. I like that, not only is he a good player he is a good kid as well.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

He is the basketball equivalent of the mighty Tim Tebow.


I love that kid.

Leslie said...

Jeff stayed up and watched that one too. He couldn't wait to tell me all about the stats for Meeks. When he was done with his shpeel, I asked him if UK won. He replied, 'Duh.' lol

Christy said...

Even Ed (who does not like UK) said that was the best he has ever seen one guy play! It was great!!