Thursday, July 31, 2008

Encino Man

Ok, so do you remember the movie Encino Man?? The basic story is 2 teenagers find a frozen caveman in their backyard, thaw him out and introduce him to modern day life while he in turn, gets them to actually enjoy life.


Well, when Hou Hou arrived 2 years ago it was like that... we sat on the couch for a week and just pointed to things and grunted. That is how we understood each other. Ok, so it wasn't quite that bad but you get the drift.


Last night around 9:30 the phone rang and I answered it. It went like this:

Me: Hello
Wang Chung: uhhhh

Me: Hellooo
Wang Chung: Eschange student

Me: OH, Hey!!
Wang Chung: Hi

W.G: Thank you for chooswing me
Me: Oh, you are welcome, how are you?

W.G: I not know (chuckle)
Me: ok

W.G: I awwiving August 6 at 5:20
Me: Great, is that a.m. or p.m.?

W.G: I not know (chuckle)
Me: ok, morning or night?

W.G: I not know (chuckle) I e-mail
Me: That would be great

W.G: ok
Me: ok

W.G: ok
Me: ok

W.G: ok
Me: Just e-mail it to me and I will see you August 6

W.G: ok, bye
Me: Bye


So, you see how that went.... it was very broken english. Not much better than when I first spoke with Hou Hou the first week will be very interesting. Then I kinda stressed because he will be here next Wednesday... wow that was quick. We are very excited to get him here. I am sure it will prove to be a trying at times but also rewarding.


I will not be posting until Sunday or Monday since we are leaving tomorrow a.m. for our girls weekend! How better can I spend a weekend with my Ya Ya's (Annette, Andrea J., Tami, and Andi) Plus, a few others including my Mom and her friend, and Misty McKibben (from Shoals)!!!

No comments: