Saturday, July 5, 2008

....they will soar on wings like eagles....

I know it is still Saturday, but tomorrow is going to be hectic with church, a cookout and Aimee having practice in Indy... so... I thought I would post tonight. Ed and I spend most of the day on the river, well actually we spent most of the weekend on the river. Aimee had to work and Cole was working the lemon shake up stand with their youth group so we had the day today to ourselves.







We got in the boat and headed up river toward Williams to look at the Eagles' nest. We made it up there but there was no eagle, however I got pictures of the nest. We turned around and talked to a guy on his pier that was real close to the nest. He told us to look around the Norman rock, they sometimes hang out there.







We drove back down river and Ed stopped to check the gas, to which he said we were about to run out (likely story, I mean I'm not 16 anymore) As he got ready to start it back up he said look... and there they were!! The 2 eagles flying. I got some pictures but they were so far away. Anyway, it reminded me of a verse in Isaiah. It is:







Isaiah 40:31




31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.


They will soar high on wings like eagles.


They will run and not grow weary.


They will walk and not faint.





It gave me a peace to remember it. Hope you all had a great 4th and have a good week ahead!






















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing. You've inspired others with your faith and love of your family and friends.
May God Richly Bless you and your beautiful family,
ADR