Thursday, June 12, 2008

Time Warp Thursday

We are going back today to my childhood. Ahhh, the memories. Well, if you know my Dad then you know he thrives on playing practical jokes on people.



He walked a mail route that was 18 miles long each day. He had a guy that worked with him named Mike Blanton that was terrified of snakes (a man after my own heart). Dad had a plastic fake snake, that doesn't look as real as my nephew Caleb's does, but Dad would put it in a mailbox and when Mike would open up the door to the mailbox there was this snake in there. He would jump and scream.



Dad actually got kicked out of a church softball game once. You see he was a pitcher and he had a rubber chicken and a rubber hand. He would go to pitch and throw either of them, until the umpire had enough. It was all in good fun.



Andi and I were running home once from the neighbor's house and we saw the plastic snake on the ground in front of the porch, we jumped over it and went into the house and said very funny Dad, we saw your snake. He said it isn't out there. We had actually jumped over a real live snake.



And they wonder why I used to have nightmares about snakes and are terrified of them....



At least it wasn't dull in the Woodsmall home.

1 comment:

beckiwoodsmall said...

Guess I'm feeling sentimental!! I wish I could go back to those days.
I would hold you all close to me if I could but that's not God's plan, huh??
Momma

p.s. Yes, you have a great Dad :)