Monday, June 2, 2008

Heat




Have you ever noticed how it gets SO hot real quick?? I was hoping for some more mild weather for our first softball tournament this coming weekend. It can get very hot for a pale skin sister sitting out in it all weekend!







I am kinda at a loss as to what I should blog today so this may be a little bit of me just rambling. Which brings me to turtles... lol I know you are thinking ok her ADHD has really kicked in here!!





So, I was driving the jeep trails at work the other day. (My absolute favorite thing to do) when I saw probably 3 or 4 turtles in about a 5 mile stretch. Have you ever noticed how they are just cruising along, all be it, rather slowly just enjoying the day when you drive by them and they just duck in their shells. They also use their mouths as a way to scare off predators, by snapping them shut producing a sound up to 75 decibels.





Ironically, I was thinking about this, how often are we just sailing through life when something comes our way and we just want to jump in our shells and stay there until it's gone? It would be so much easier to not have to deal with the storms of life. But it is in those storms that God teaches us the most about ourselves and we grow. Can you imagine if we just hid out all the time not wanting to get hurt, or something to happen to us?? I want to live life not hide in my shell.





On the other hand, a lesson to learn from the turtle is when to snap our mouths shut!! This is the one that gets me in trouble. I tend to let my mouth overload my brain, then I am standing there thinking, why did you say that! We must train ourselves to think before we react. Being honest, while essential, can be hurtful if it isn't put in the right way.





Decide today, which trait of the turtle you have and what to do about it!!




James 3:9-11
9 With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. 10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. 11Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? 12 My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.



No comments: