Friday, June 13, 2008

Father's Day





Well, Father's Day is this Sunday and I have the same ole' dilemma. What do you get a Dad when he never wants anything for himself and only thinks of others??? So, I texted him today and asked him and what did he say..... a new cartridge for his pool that is broke. Now mind you this isn't a gift for him or a fun one either. In which I told him!! So he said, one short sleeve dress shirt 16 1/2 neck, not white.
Give me a break!! So, I will buy him a shirt and try to think of something else to get him. This is just too hard!!
Let me tell you about my Dad. He had a very hard childhood, living alone from the age of 8 until 13 when he moved in with his grandmother. He is a very hard worker and a dedicated father. I remember when we were little Dad playing with us and our kitchen sets, painting cartoon characters on our room walls, painting our fingernails, and washing our hair. He comes off as a rough guy, with a strange personality at times, when he really is a sensitive, caring person.
I have been very blessed with wonderful parents. I always knew I would have food on the table, clothes on my back, and anything my Dad could afford to get me. I am one of the lucky kids in this world to have parents that never divorced, and worked hard to raise our family the way God intended.
Happy Fathers Day Dad!!

No comments: