Monday, June 9, 2008

ROAD TRIP!!!




When the kids were smaller we would go for drives a lot. We always enjoyed that time we had together. Since they have gotten older we rarely get a chance to do that. However, Saturday when Aimee's games were cancelled Ed & Cole devised a plan (actually to go to Bass Pro Shop) for a road trip. Aimee and I were all up for it (we didn't know the Bass Pro thing).



We took off to head to Leavenworth to go to the Overlook restaurant and just have a nice scenic drive. We had a great time. The kids were in good moods, other than the usual back seat bickering. We got close to Leavenworth and Cole saw a sign for The Dock restaurant down on the river so we opted to eat there. IT was the best food we have had in a while. Cole had jumbo butterfly shrimp while the rest of us had catfish. Aimee says they had THE best sweet tea ever.



From there we went to New Albany to the Bass Pro shop. Ed had decided that Aimee and I needed new fishing poles????? Go figure! Aimee picked hers out and I didn't really care so I got a purple and white one. It is cool. The kids talked dear ole' Dad into getting them hats (as you see in the picture) as well as t-shirts. From there the boys decided we needed to go fishing. So we ventured home to go to Adam & Carlye's pond.



It was SO peaceful and relaxing at the pond. It was a real God moment to sit there and just praise him for what we are lucky to have and be able to do. That is until the competitiveness in Aimee came out. She was a little upset because she was being out-fished. Of course Ed kept aggravating her as well!! It wasn't until we got home that he realized that he had messed up her new pole while he fixed it up to go! That made her feel better.



So, here I sit all alone with the realization of what the "empty nest" must feel like and I have to admit .... I HATE IT!! I don't want my kids to grow up and leave, I don't want a quiet house. Ok, enough of my pity party.



Ed & Aimee will be home on Wednesday night and Cole on Sunday night so I guess I will survive.





No comments: