Thursday, July 16, 2009

Was I a mean kid??

So, today I had to go to Walmart and Hibbett's after work. Aimee was working so it was just Cole and I. He had to get shin guards for Soccer and Aimee needed Volleyball socks. Then from there we went to Walmart to get some thing for our vacation that we leave for on Saturday. Panama City here we come!!



We were on the way home and Cole said "Mom were you a mean kid?" I said well no! I mean what was I supposed to say. I said text mamaw and ask her. He said well I should ask Stephen. Ok, here is where we go back a ways. Stephen was like another brother to me. We were raised together from the time we were 1. We are 9 days apart. We were always together having a ball. That took me back.... When we were little our mom's often went out together and in the back floorboard of the "brown bomb" (as we affectionately names the station wagon) there were always pop bottles laying there. I was known on occasion to... well... kinda.... hit Stephen over the head with them. Then Cole said what about the stairs. I said that was ME that HE pushed down 2 flights of stairs. Cole said yea after you tried to drown him. Picture it, 198something, we were at a church picnic at Starve Hollow Lake. I may have sit on him in the lake and my mom may have had to come pull me off of him. The next day at church I took a tumble down the stairs. Then Cole said well didn't you push him into a church pew. I said no, no that was Andi I pushed.



Are you seeing a pattern here?!?!



So, then my mom answered Cole's text and said "She never let anyone push her around". I said ask her if that was a way to say I was a bully. She said I was always good at home except the time I called 911.



Oh geez......



Ok so I was little and I may have thought it cool to call 911 and whisper "Help Me" only to have the operator call back and tell my dad that someone had just called 911. To which my dad replied "My girls wouldn't do that". I guess that was my breaking point. I then slid down the wall saying "The devil made me do it".



I'm thinking I may have been a bit mischievous?!?!?!

3 comments:

Susan said...

If my family were to read this blog of yours....they would agree that we are indeed a whole lot alike. Yes, I too was that little girl. Mischievious? No, they would just say I was mean:)

Unknown said...

I was about to fall out of my chair laughing when I read this. Yes, you did push me into the pew at church which ended in stitches. But the best part of that was Dad picking me up running to the men's bathrrom saying"Don't get blood on the carpet"!

Now, Dad calls Chloe "Little Christy". Should I worry??? hmmm......

Keyly Watts said...

I am laughing out loud!! Too funny. PLEASE dont' ask my sisters if I was mean. Being the oldest for 4 daughters, I've told them: I wish I knew the day that my thoughts went from "I'm goin' to kill one of them today." to "Lord, please protect them all today, they mean so much to me."
I'm quite sure that I was in one catagory but I'll let that be a mystery!!