Monday, July 6, 2009

How often do you violate your soul???

Nothing like a big heap of conviction this early in the morning!!! Think of a great big pile of mashed potatoes plopped on your plate. Yep, that's what I got this morning only in the way of conviction.


So, what better to do with it but plop a bunch onto you.....


How often do you violate your soul???

-by watching that show you probably shouldn't.

-by reading those novels instead of the Bible. (OUCH)

-by participating in gossip.

-by remaining in the depths of sin.

-by not being the witness you could be at work.


Ok ok, that's enough huh?!?!


I have been guilty of all of these things at one time or another. Often times we get so caught up in these that we can't seem to get out of it.


Sin takes you further than you intend to go, and keeps you longer than you intend to stay.


My biggest is picking up that novel when I could be in The Word. It's SO vital to stay within the realm of God that all too often once we slip even the slightest bit away it can drag us so far away.


Look at Lot. Even though he got out of Sodom, he took his sin with him. Now mind you it is believed he made it to Heaven as the Bible says "through the fire" with nothing to show for his life. Is that how you want to approach the judgement day???


I for one DO NOT want to be ashamed on that day.


So, you ask how do we get away from violating our souls?!?! Well, for a one time fee of 19.95 I will tell you. No just kidding! Have I mentioned I love informercials???


I digress.....


It takes DAILY discipline. It's a matter of making a conscience effort to walk the path of righteousness. Is it easy? No, but no matter how far in sin you are God still loves you right where you are. How amazing is that?!?!


Is there something or someone you need to break free of? One that brings you down into that path of sin??? Make an effort to get away from the situation.


Is there someone you know who has something in their way of total surrender? This is the tough one. How do you approach that?? You must do it with love. It's hard to take "discipline" but if you are a true friend you will approach the topic. I hope that my friends would do this for me AND that I would take it with grace.


Have a great week!!!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Sin takes you further than you intend to go, and keeps you longer than you intend to stay.

EXCELLENT ILLUSTRATION!!!

Thanks, Christy!

Inge' said...

This is a post I really needed. My thing is not novels but the computer. I am forever looking for something on it. Start here, go there, and before I know it, I have been on it for hours!

Thanks for reminding me what is truly important.