Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Girls

I know you've heard about the Ya Ya's before but I want to tell you more about them!


We are the Yahwea Sisters, a reunion group of us that have been on the Walk to Emmaus BUT we don't limit it to that. We are open to anyone who wants to come fellowship, study God's word, hold each other accountable, & just be there for each other.


3 of us were in a reunion group together befoe this one but we felt like we needed to start our own. So with God's nudging we did & became the Ya Ya's. Not only do these women mean a great deal to me, they help me in my walk with the Lord. I want to take a minute to talk about each one.


Andi - this is my big sister. While we haven't always seen eye to eye (siblings you know) we have this special time to be together in this group. She is a spiritual woman. God directs her steps every day. She is in the word daily & has insight to it's teachings.


Andrea - while most find her quiet I do not. She is my texting bestie. We have some pretty in depth convo's through our texting. She is a very faithful person & doesn't let much worry her cause she knows she's in God's hands. Her family has become very special to my family. I'm thankful God brought us together & I seemed less "scary" to her =)


Annette - she has been my bestest for several years now & I can honestly say we have never had a fight. She is the person I can gripe to & be me... The real me & she still loves me, flaws & all. She is reserved but her faith is BIG. She has knowledge & is deep with her words. I can't imagine my life without her.


Cristy - we have known each other a long time but never really knew each other. She uses her life experiences to guide her daily walk. She is always thinking about what God has brought her through & uses that to help her walk by remembering God's faithfulness to her life.


Shirley - I LOVE this woman. They began going to our church a month before we started but the moment we walked in there was a bond between them & us. Shirley is a PRAYER WARRIOR! I often call her if I need prayer or know someone who does cause I know this gal will get right to it. She has a boldness in her faith that amazes me! She is an inspiration.


Susan - our quietest of the bunch BUT also the biggest thinker of the group. She has deep thoughts & brings so much to us through her reserved nature. She isn't afraid to ask for insight or prayer which I find big! It amazes me how much we are alike except that one area! Ha Ha! I am out going, she is reserved BUT when you take away the layers we are very much alike. I appreciate her study life in His word!


Tami - she has been a mentor of sorts to me. She has brought me to more in my faith. I know God placed her in my life at just the right time. She is an encourager to the max! She is always JOYful & bright. This woman loves God with her whole being in a way that makes you better by being around her. She has that child like faith that we all need. I know my life is blessed because of her friendship.


There you have it... The Ya Ya's. Do you see why I love them so much?!?! While we are all different we compliment each other well. It is a place I can go & let go all the worries of this world knowing that these gals love me & will no matter what I say or hiw many times I continue to screw up. You see they are the hands & feet of God. They imitate the unconditional love that God has for us all. Everyone should have this kind of friendship, it encourages me to keep on keeping on.


We don't just meet once a week we are in contact daily through texts or emails or calls. It is the strength that helps us carry on.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I love you so very very very much! You have given me friendship and unconditional love and tears of laughter and tears of joy. You are a huge source of strength and security for me and I TREASURE you and what we mean to eachother. I thank God daily for bringing not only us together but also our families. What a comfort it is to know that you will always be there. :)

Unknown said...

;)