Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm slowly coming back to the land of the living or the land of the thinking that is. I'm amazed at the fog my allergies can put me in. I still don't feel 100% but it's something I deal with each year so I will manage.


What I have noticed is that I did not read my Bible yesterday & let me tell you by last night I had so many thoughts & doubts that were not of God. The ole scum dog slips in when we least expect it through such subtle ways. Even the moment we take our eyes off God he pounces on us. I was back to my disciple study today & the scripture was in Mark. It was just what I needed!


I believe we need to be in the word even more today than ever. What would happen if we would have our Bibles taken from us? Would you know enough scripture to sustain you? I dare say there are very few that could say yes to this. The more you get in the word the more you yearn to read it & get into it. I find it helps to pray before you start reading for God to open your mind to what it is saying to you.


Today is the first official day of summer. Aimee is now a senior & Cole a freshman. Where does the time go? While I enjoy every day with my kids it is sad to think before too long they will be out of our home. Have we done enough for them to be strong Christians outside of our house? Have we given them enough responsibility for them to handle it outside our home? These are the questions that often go through my mind. However, I have the hope of Jesus that he will complete the work he began in them!!


Enjoy this day!! It is the day the Lord has made =)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

You are awesome parents!