Tuesday, May 5, 2009

God is HUGE

If you haven't read Andrea's post from yesterday, stop reading this now & go there then come back.


Ok, so now that you are back I will expand on that. I AM NOT a cryer.... Just not, however, as I scolded Pastor Dan for it, he has had me from laughter to tears two nights in a row. He is doing our renewal services this week & let me tell you as Andrea said God is working overtime!!


Joey came to church with us last night. That in itself made my night! He sat by me in the pew, sang with the songs, read out of the Bible & then started sweating & I mean A LOT as he put it, it was like he was playing a ball game. I knew the Holy Spirit was working on him. Pastor Dan has a way of leading you on a roller coaster just to bring you to such an inspiring invitation & ending. He preached on the big rock we as Christians keep coming to & tend to keep stumbling over instead of turning away. That rock is the sin in our life. He had us think of one sin we continually stumble over & when we do that raise our hands, then look at our hand & say why do we keep doing it??

He had an invitation to come to the altar if we have people we love in our lives that are in the midst of sin & are unsaved or if it is us that struggles with this. Several people went forward. Ed & I went to the altar. I cannot say for him why he went but for me I went to pray for Chad. I was in the midst of it when I felt a person snuggled close to me on my right. I looked & it was Joey. I stopped right there & put my arms around him & prayed & cried.... A lot. I was so thankful that Cole went with him. I was thankful that Andrea went up & laid hands on us. God is working hard on Joey's heart. As well as a lot of folks. I ask for your prayers not only for Chad & Joey but for all those people that you dearly love who do not know Jesus.


I was also proud of my kids. Cole had a track meet & it was a big one. He runs in 3 events but he approached his coach & asked to be taken out of the last race so he could go to church. The coach said of course. He did place 3 out of 8 in the hurdles!! Aimee came after her softball game, thanks to Annette dropping her off. Folks for teenagers that is huge. I am so thankful that my kids are seeking God's face. I know it is not from anything Ed & I have done alone. I am thankful for such a strong youth group that holds kids accountable for their actions.


For so long I lived for this world. I've known God for my whole life but I didn't have that relationship. Over the last few years I have found that. I LOVE Jesus so much I do not want to live for this world. It's hard but as I told a young fellow yesterday our reward is not of this world. We must press on & keep striving to do God's will.


Tonight is the last night for the renewal services. If you aren't busy, come out at 7 & join us. If you want more info call or text me at 709-0778.


Love you all....

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Amen and Amen again!!! I am still blown away. Cannot WAIT to see what is in store for tonight!!!

Inge' said...

What a powerful testimony from your kids. Not by what they said but by what they did.

So many people today put things in front of God. Especially sports. How refreshing to hear about teenagers putting God first.

I also spent too much time living for the world. The story of the Prodigal Son could be my life history. I find comfort in Joel 2:25, which states "So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten,
The crawling locust,
The consuming locust,
And the chewing locust,
My great army which I sent among you."

I hope this verse brings you comfort today as you think on what God has shown you and that you remember that God loved you even then.