Sunday, May 3, 2009

Chicage, Cellphones, and Mary Jane


Well we made it to Chi Town! We had a blast! The show was AWESOME!! (minus a few snags)


We wanted to go eat at Cheesecake Factory so I typed it in my handy gps and Mary Jane (my gps lady) started her work. My mom named her that on our Florida trip. She directed us to the middle of the street and announced "Your destination is on the right". Uhhhh nope it's not. So we continued on went out by the lake and turned around to try again. Same thing... so we spotted a shopping mall and decided to park and go in there. I figured it was in there but noooooo. However I asked a nice gal and she directed us to it. From there we went to the theatre.

We waited and waited. They DO NOT get in a hurry to let you in the theatre. We finally got seated when we kept hearing this phone ring. We were right by the sound and light booth and I assumed it was up there. It rang probably 6 times. I finally ignored it. On the way in the door the lady at the door checking tickets, (I affectionately renamed her the camera Nazi), anyway I digress.... On my way in she said "Mam, I noticed you have a professional camera, I must advise you pictures in the theater are strictly illegal". Well, I laughed and said I am hardly professional but thanks.


As we were sitting we could hear her giving the same speech "Picture taking is strictly illegal inside the theatre". Then she would throw her stuff down and run down the aisle when she saw a flash. At one point she ran and I thought to myself "Self, now would be a good time to snap a shot" WRONG! As I snapped what was SO NOT a professional photo her side kick turned and yelled "NO PICTURES AND SHE ALREADY TOLD YOU" Well, some people!! lol Here is the shot I got off.... not even worth it....



Does this look professional to you????


So, the show started and we hear this ringing AGAIN.... it would ring then stop, ring then stop. Annette was getting SO mad, she looked at me at one point and said "This is really making me mad, can they not hear it" and then "I have had enough of that" when Ash leaned down to her purse and said "Mom, its you!!!" Well I tell you it was all I could do to keep from dying laughing, cause when I do I snort and it's not pretty.... Annette was appaled (if you know her you know she is backward and shy). However the funny thing is that it was her calendar reminding her of Mary Poppins at 2:00.


During intermission the old lady in from of us said "Could you not turn it off". Well what a concept..... DUH!!


All in all we had a great time. The Camera Nazi was fun to watch cause you could tell if a good part was going to happen cause she would go in full camera mode! The show WAS SOOOO GOOD! I think we may have found a new past time. We had never seen a broadway show but it was good. I am still a little tramatized because of the statues (inside joke) but we enjoyed it.


Cadillac Palace


The girls


Ash & Aim



Annette
Ash & Aim


Me and Annette!

Aim & I

Ceiling
Our Aisle
Annette & Ashley waiting

Cheesecake Factory

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I went to Chicago with a friend nearly two years ago to see "Wicked". It was my first Broadway-style musical. And I LOVED it! I enjoyed Chicago as well.