Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The dreaded license branch

So yesterday I had to get my license renewed. I hate going to the license branch for many reasons!

I was in a little bit of a hurry. Never a wise thing when visiting the license branch. Of course it was busy. I did get to visit with an older gentleman that goes to our church, Joe Haseman. He is such a neat man! Let alone he is married to the great Sandy!

There was also a mennonite couple in there getting an Id card for their middle aged down syndrome son. Let me tell you I fell in love with this little guy. He was so adorable & just had that innocence about him.


They all finished up & it was my turn. I approached the desk not really thrilled about getting my picture taken. We got all the info put in, paid the outrageous 19.00 & went to stand in front of "the" curtain. They snapped the picture & said it didn't work. You have to take off your glasses. (Tell me now). Took it again. You were smiling. Well excuse me. Another flash. Your teeth are showing. You gotta be kidding me. Anyone who knows me also knows I have limited patience. I was over it. However, I tried again. Nope still not good, move forward. Ok, snap. Still not good.They went on the reassure me it wasn't me. That made me feel better...not! Finally they said this is the first day for this machine & there are things you can't do or it will not work. Whatever! By this time there was a crowd. Finally I snapped my jaws shut have the most stupid look on my face & it worked. Let me tell you it is AWFUL. I laughed so hard when I saw it. I didn't care though. I do still weigh the same as I did in 1992 though!!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Nothing like consistent weigh-ins.


Not that I would know.


lol

Leslie said...

You're not allowed to smile for a driver's license photo anymore? Wow, whoda thunk it? I'm smiling on mind!