Friday, February 27, 2009

Text Message Ministry

This morning I sent an email to my Ya Ya's & Lauren (an honorary member) about a type of mission that I feel is important.


Lauren asked me to share it to the blog world so here was my email.


I feel a need to share with you a sort of "mission field" that we as adults can be doing to encourage kids today.
> Often times I will text my kids a verse for them to read. Today I sent one then I followed it up with a text that said. "No matter how hated you feel at school or how many kids make fun of you for standing up for your God WE LOVE you & are very proud of you. I sent that to my 2 kids plus 2 more girls at school.
>
> How would u feel about joining me in this? I have several kids numbers & feel we as adults could encourage them because I can't even imagine being a teenager in todays world.
>
> Or if you know of any kids who need encouragement I would love to know who.
>
> Thanks & Love You,
> Christy


I received great feedback (of course I knew my Ya Ya's would). I feel that our kids are fighting such a tough battle & often times they feel alone. You know how hard it can be as adults not to fall into things of this world but can you imagine just how hard it is for teenagers???


Please pray about this & see where God leads you. Let me know if you have any questions on how I go about it.


Love You all!!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

YEAH!! That makes me an honorary member of two reunion groups: the Ya Yas and the Jubilee Js!!


Seriously, though--I praise God for your work with young men and women and encouraging them to follow Jesus no matter what the cost.

I love you!

(by the way I sent a text to three of my favorite kiddos this am!)

Unknown said...

what a great idea :)
i have the cell numbers of several kids in our youth group...

thanks for the inspiration Christy!

beckiwoodsmall said...

Hey, would you do that for your brother, Jordan?? A daily dose of the word would do him a world of good!!

Leslie said...

I love that idea! I'd love to be a part of it...but I don't have a whole lot of cell numbers. (Jeff no longer has a cell.)