Thursday, February 26, 2009

Some people....

Have you ever known those certain people who just seem to be able to read you... I mean REALLY read you.


Well, today around 2:00 as my relief arrived at work it was a guy I think the world of. I wish I knew him better but he is one the most sincere, kind of old fashioned chivalry kind of men.


Anyway, he says to me "Girl, you look nervous and anxious, are you ok?" I just looked at him and with tears in my eyes quietly say "I am fine". He persists, "Are you sure?"


By now I am trying not to look at him because I am a strong person (or at least I always thought I was) and I hate to be seen in a weak state (once again as I view weak anyway) I said "Yes, I am sure I will live." He says "What's going on?" to which I said "Just life in general but tomorrow is a new day, thanks for asking".


With that I left him hanging, I will try to find him tomorrow to explain a little better.


Pruning, my friends, can be painful at times.......

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for you, friend...
Pruning does hurt at times. And the desert is dry. And the refiner's fire is hot. But as you so accurately stated the other day- SO WORTH IT.

Lauren said...

I know you are in the place that you are saying,

"whatever it takes to bear more fruit..."

I echo your sentiments, no matter the cost.

Andrea said...

I love u, love u, love u.... even when you are all pruney...:)

Christy said...

awwww you are all too good to me!!

beckiwoodsmall said...

Okay, what's going on?? You didn't mention anything in your texts!! What do I need to pray about?
Love you,
Mom

Leslie said...

Not that you needed to hear it from yet another 'fan', but I love you too!

Tami said...

sister Christy - what is wrong? If my friend is hurting, I am hurting too. Call me or text me! You know I love you too!

Leslie said...

I moved from B-64 to B-2044. Before B-64, I was in B-3173.

Christy said...

you are just a mover and a shaker!!