Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Whispers in your ear

Seems as we go through life we go through various stages. We travel on smooth sailing, life is going good then all of the sudden we are smacked right in the face.


BUT


How do you handle it when that happens?



While I can, most of the time, determine where my hurts, fear, frustration, & anger comes from it can still be crippling. I know the ole scum dog lurks & waits for just the right moment to start whispering in my ear. Placing seeds of doubt & fear. Until yesterday I never knew how strong his attacks could be. While I sensed it, & began to pray (along with the help of some dear friends) it still hurt. The fear I was hit with still today has me volunerable BUT I know who my God is & I know at the right time he will stand in my place to endure my struggles. The ole scum dog will not win the battles against me. While they are hard I know there is a plan & purpose for it. If God chooses to reveal it to me, great. If not I will still praise Him!



I leave you with an old hymn that brings me great comfort. Ed & I have often sang this together. Put you trust in Jesus & lean on HIS understanding.


Precious Lord, take my hand Lead me on, let me stand I'm tired, I’m weak, I’m lone

Through the storm, through the night, Lead me on to the light Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home

When my way grows drear precious Lord linger near. When my life is almost gone, Hear my cry, hear my call, Hold my hand lest I fall. Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home.


When the darkness appears and the night draws near, and the day is past and gone. At the river I stand, guide my feet, hold my hand, take my hand precious Lord, lead me home.


Precious Lord, take my hand Lead me on, let me stand I'm tired, I’m weak, Lord I’m worn Through the storm, through the night Lead me on to the light Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home.

3 comments:

Inge' said...

I love that hymn! I miss singing the old hymns in church.

I am always having to remind myself that my God is not a God of fear or chaos or any other drama that is in my life. He will use these things to strengthen my faith in Him but He did not create them. Usually I did:)

Keyly Watts said...

YOU MADE ME CRY FARHAR!!!!!! I was savin' all my tears for this weekend!

Christy said...

All from the heart Keyly baby!!