Friday, September 25, 2009

I have a confession...

I am not good at reading the Bible...


Ahhh.... That being said, I try my best to read the Bible everyday & most of the time I do. However, I'm the kind of person who needs direction. It's hard for me to just pick it up & read it.


So this week what I have been doing is I took all the notes that I took from this past weekend & wrote down all the scriptures. I have been taking one set a day & journaling using those verses. I've also wrote commentary on them as well as anything that I wrote down relating to it.


It has helped me to stay on track. I need a "lesson plan" to keep me on track. What is your stragety for reading God's word??

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Whenever I read something that I don't fully 'get', I grab Jeff's teen bible. The illustrations and stories in it help me to understand what the scripture is saying. I love it!