Monday, September 21, 2009

Whew!! Boy am I tired BUT it is a good tired. I had the wonderful opportunity to work the Walk to Emmaus this weekend. It is a refreshing, renewing experience not only for the pilgrims attending but the team as well. A verse that came to mind this morning is:


"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come" 2 Corinthians 5:17


I had the opportunity to give a talk on Priorities. I was blessed in that Cole and Aimee came down to hear it. They along with a clergy member and my prayer partner (Lauren Biggs, how lucky was I ?!?!) prayed over me. My kids BOTH said the most awesome prayers both before and after my talk. One of the clergy told me I had amazing Christian kids. Ahhhh what every parent wants to hear!! It did my heart good. Aimee also came back to help me clean up etc.... I didn't know she was going to be there so that was a nice surprise. It's always nice to feel needed and wanted after you have been gone for a few days!!



Anyway, God showed up in a big way (as he usually does when we are expecting). Lauren asked me last night what my favorite part of the weekend was and I honestly couldn't pinpoint a certain part. I had the opportunity to work this team with the Ya Ya's so that made is so much more special!!! It was an awesome team!


I heard several talks/sermons that spoke to me but one in particular on "self". To quote lyrics from a song that was sang:


I keep trying to find a life
On my own, apart from You
I am the king of excuses
I've got one for every selfish thing I do

What's going on inside of me?
I despise my own behavior
This only serves to confirm my suspicions
That I'm still a man in need of a Savior

(chorus)
I wanna be in the Light
As You are in the Light
I wanna shine like the stars in the heavens
Oh, Lord be my Light and be my salvation
Cause all I want is to be in the Light
All I want is to be in the Light

The disease of self runs through my blood
It's a cancer fatal to my soul
Every attempt on my behalf has failed
To bring this sickness under control

Tell me, what's going on inside of me?
I despise my own behavior
This only serves to confirm my suspicions
That I'm still a man in need of a Savior

Honesty becomes me [There's nothing left to lose]
The secrets that did run me [In Your presence are defused]
Pride has no position [And riches have no worth]
The fame that once did cover me [Has been sentenced to this Earth]
Has been sentenced to this Earth

Tell me, what's going on inside of me?
I despise my own behavior
This only serves to confirm my suspicions
That I'm still a man in need of a Savior



5 comments:

Susan said...

Most incredibly awesome it was to see the changes come over all those dear ladies this weekend!! And it was awesome to share it with my girls! Love ya!!

Leslie said...

I love to hear that an Emmaus weekend went well. So glad that you were blessed too!

Andrea said...

There are no words.... you know what I mean. I love you!

Tami said...

I want to share my "Sonshine" with all you Ya Ya's. Can't wait to start the new study.

RNMOMMY73 said...

Hello ladies :) and my New Found Friend Christy. I truly could not agree more that this week was truly AMAZING. I just want to thank each of you for allowing God to use you to show his love for me. My relationship with him, has moved to the next level... it's "Indescribeable." I keep telling my mother who sponsored me that "That I didn't realize how much I was missing until I went on the walk this week." The last few years I've drifted so far away from where I desired to be with him. But, praise the Lord... he didn't drift from me! I will never be able to express my greatness to you. I told mom/my sponsor that if there was anything I could give to anyone in the world it would be this opportunity. My life will NEVER be the same. Did I tell you thanks yet? Because if I didn't THANK YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH! P.S. "I belong..." (wooohoooo girls, isn't he AWESOME!)