Friday, December 19, 2008

is it an omen?

Yesterday on my way to the doctor for my yearly check up for my Asthma I went to JCPenneys to pick up a dress shirt for Ed. So, I call him and said what size do you need. He says large. Uh, neck size silly. He said I have no clue. Shows you how much he shops. I threatened to get a pink one!


After I got it I decide to look around. I spotted what I thought to be a cute top. I was making my approach to the rack when this lady picked up the same shirt. Now mind you I wasn't mad. I was like you have got to be kidding me. She was this adorable (probably 85+) gal. To myself I think great the ONE shirt I like it the same style an 85 year old would wear. So with that I chuckled & moved on. Left the store with ...yep you got it Ed's shirt.



I am not fond of shopping AT ALL. It may be because I have totally no sense of style. I'm telling you Stacy & Clinton would die! Poor Annette is shopping with me on Sunday.


So I go to the doctor. First thing I sit & sit & sit. Watching everyone go in before me. I wandered what was going on when I heard one of the nurses say where is Christy's chart & how long has she been sitting there. Yep, they forgot me. Just great. She came & got me & I said since you forgot me can we just skip that whole weighing thing. She laughed & said step on. Nothing more embarrassing then telling them to move the big bar up more. Ugh!


Finally the doctor comes in & says how are ya Christy. I said well I'm tired all the time, I pee when I laugh, sneeze, cough, or run & I'm fat. She chuckled & said well if you would lose 20-30 pounds that would help with the second issue. I said well yea ok and she said so are you going to work on it? To which I replied nope. She said well at least you are honest.


I am not blind I know I have packed the pounds on but really I'm pretty content & not unhealthy so here I am.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

welp,

you made me pee my pants just now.


Thanks, thanks a lot.

Patti said...

funny!funny!funny!

Susan Warren said...

Me too!

Leslie said...

I can totally relate! Everytime I go to the doctor, the answer to pretty much every issue I might complain about is "Lose some weight." We should start a club.

Then again, I think that club already exists. It's called Weight Watchers. : )