Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Beloved

“And he called her beloved when there was nothing lovely about her” (Romans 9:25).


He called her beloved.


How many times have there been "nothing lovely about you"? I am sure too many times to count. Sin is an ugly, detestable thing that grabs a hold of us and doesn't want to let go. We can get so quickly drawn into sin that is is terrifying. We let ourselves go to the things of the world. We become the one thing we say we have overcome. . . .


Sinners


Now we have all fallen short of from the glory of God. But look at the other part of that verse.



He called her beloved


He sees our sin and yet he still calls us beloved.



I'm going to end with a good statement I heard today that said “Why don’t you quit telling God what you want and tell Him that Jesus is all you need?”






2 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow! Very cool statement. Thanks for making me smile today.

Unknown said...

I *love* this... wow. He calls me beloved (what a beautiful term!) even when there's NOTHING lovely about me.

Beautiful, thanks for sharing thi word today!