Thursday, December 11, 2008

Chopper


That is my dog, Chopper. He is a 100 lb. Boxer and the most loving dog I have ever had. That is unless you knock on the front door. He gets really unhappy when anyone knocks on the door. If you were to just walk in he would be fine.



Every day when I get home from work he is waiting at the door for me. He jumps up and puts his paws on my shoulders and lays his head on my chest like he is hugging me, then if I sit down he thinks he is a lap dog. We have had him since he was weened and he is just like one of the kids. He is very protective, lazy and hates hot weather.



Who else could you wake up in the middle of the night that would lick you and wag their tail. Come on can it get any better than that?!?!

2 comments:

Misty McKibben-Melvin said...

We had boxers growing up. My parents used to raise them.....our female was an indoor dog and she was our best friend "Rosie"...she had a mild stroke when I was about 15 and we had to put her down. It was terrible and I will never forget it. She knocked my first tooth out! I LOVE boxers.....(Hmmm, so why do I have a Golden, a Weimaraner, and a mutt??)

Unknown said...

we love boxers. our jake was a boxer- he passed away about two years ago. it was so hard for us. one of these days when our house can accomodate a larger dog (and two children) we'll have a boxer again... in the meantime we sure are thankful for our little lily and sam :)