Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day of School

Well, today is a depressing day. It just hit me that Aimee is a Junior now and Cole an 8th grader. In just 5 short years my kids will be off and in college. I can't handle it!! I am one of those parents who never wants their kids to leave.



For the first time ever, Cole DID NOT want to go to school. This was very shocking to me. He has never done this. He has always loved school but he started last year stressing about getting all A's and I think he is stressed about it again. He has never had to work at his grades and he had to last year. Unlike Aimee who has had to always work hard to get her grades, which she always does well.



I always say a prayer for our kids and employees at school. Let's face it, it is a tough world and school can be very challenging for kids. Let alone kids can be cruel and teachers can sometimes not help the situation. I just hope that my kids can be kind to everyone and not judge them and not get caught up in the cruelty that can happen. But I am also a realist and know that my kids do make mistakes and you know what??? That's ok. As long as they learn from their mistakes and don't continue to make the same ones.



I think I need to listen to my own words. How easy is it for us to fall into that trap. We do things that we know aren't the right things to do, or the right things to say, or even the right things to think. Then we pray about it, and say I'll never do that again, and low and behold we do it over and over again. That is why God's Grace and mercy are so great. I mean how many people could we do things to over and over and over again and still get forgiveness.


What an amazing thing!!


1 comment:

Leslie said...

You know, this is the second blog entry I've read in the last couple of days about not wanting school to start. Me on the other hand, I'm all for it! Give my kid something to do that's more productive than sleeping until noon and watching TV. My one-and-only is a senior. I know that should probably make me cringe, but I'm excited for him. HE'S the one that's been moping around about how he has to grow up and act like an adult now. I just smile. Outside of feeling old because I have a 17-year old senior, I'm all kinds of excited for him.