Monday, September 1, 2008

Fears

I have ALWAYS dreamt about snakes. That is my one true fear is snakes. Ever since I was a little girl almost every night I would wake up terrified because of a dream about a snake. I think I spent most of my nights in my parents room with them.



Even now I still do this... Ed would often times find me standing on the bed scared to move. I have always wandered what that meant because I hardly ever dreamt about anything else or I would not dream at all.



I have been told that it was because I was a mischievous child. Not that I believed that... I mean I was sweet..... ok maybe not too sweet!



Then a couple of weeks ago I had the same reoccurring dream about a snake only this time I killed the snake. This has never happened. I was so happy, I woke up the next morning and exclaimed to Ed "I killed the snake". Being Ed he was also happy for me but I am sure he was thinking.. what a loony!



Now for the strange part, I have not had a dream about a snake since!!!!! Before I couldn't even look at a snake on t.v. without dreaming about it at night. Even when I didn't see one I still had the dream at least 3 nights a week... FOR MY WHOLE LIFE!



What does this mean?? I have no idea but I have slept better and not had to worry about dreaming about snakes. I guess I really killed the snake for good! I sure hope so!!



7 comments:

Misty McKibben-Melvin said...

You are so weird. But I am glad the snake is "dead".

Christy said...

I know, right?!?!

Leslie said...

Makes me wonder what the snake represented in your life. So, tell me, did you happen to kill it my stomping your heel on its head?

Christy said...

No, actually I used a huge sword type thing kinda like on a Harry Potter movie I remember.... strange. lol

Misty McKibben-Melvin said...

Wish a sword at that....not even a hoe or a rake....or a gun! Good ole' sword, cause you know we have plenty of them hangin' around in Shoals!

Sorry, some days I just have to make myself feel better at your expense!!!!

Misty McKibben-Melvin said...

Meant to say WITH a sword. See...I'm laughing so hard I can't type! I love you.

Christy said...

Hey.... I can handle it. I figure enough people make fin of me but you know it really doesnt bother me.... yep a sword!! lol