Thursday, February 28, 2008

God in ordinary people

Well here it is Friday again... Isn't it amazing how the older you get the faster times goes?? This will be my last post until Monday. We will be in Indianapolis this weekend for an indoor softball tournament for Aimee. Cole is thrilled about it because her first game is at 2:20 a.m. ... yep I said A.M.!! Although she is only 16 she plays on an 18U team and the 18's play throughout the night. . Cole hates to go to bed, so this is ideal for him.

So, I'm sitting at work today and the post I was on was commercial semi truck inspections. I have seen this particular driver a half a dozen times but never talked to him because he has a badge so he usually just shows his badge and drives on in. Well today he had to wait for a truck to move in front of him before he could go so he got out and walked up to me and said I thought I would just walk up here and show my badge today (which was WAY out of the ordinary) and he saw the paper in the seat of my truck, I had been reading the sports page on who could possibly be the IU coach for next year. (I'm hoping for Rick Patino and I MIGHT watch IU). We got to talking about sports and how sad it is that kids in today's society so admire sports figures and so many of them aren't what we would want them looking up to. Then out of nowhere he said they should be looking to Jesus. Well, I thought what a God moment because I had never had a conversation with him about anything let alone God. That opened up a door about how hard it is to strive to live right in this society as adults let alone what children have to handle with peer pressure etc... We talked for about 10 minutes and then he left.

I sat and thought about how God puts people in our lives but how often do we not see them. I had a discussion with an precious woman one time about how she had never audibly heard God speak to her. Which led to a discussion about how God speaks to us through a plethora of ways and that not everyone hears God's voice BUT if we look for it we can see God in everything. Music speaks to many, God puts people and events in our paths. I look back on my life and think of how much I probably missed out on because I was too busy or just plain wasn't looking for it.

Take time this weekend to see God in everything! Have a GREAT weekend!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

What a cool story!